Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Family

Well, James and I only have about 3 weeks left here in the wonderful United States of America. In some ways I'm incredibly sad to have to leave (hehe I make it sound like we're leaving forever!) and in other ways I'm incredibly excited about the opportunity we've been given. We have movers coming to pick up the last little bit of our stuff here on Wednesday. So after Wednesday we'll only have ourselves, our clothes and the random stuff we are taking in our carry on bags with us until we get to Germany, craziness! But enough of that, on to the title of this post...

I love my immediate family. For me that consists of my parents, my two brothers and their sweeties and James parents, his two sisters and one of his sisters' families. I don't know anyone aside from these people that I love more or could count on for anything I would ever need. Now don't get me wrong none of them could ever replace God and what He does for me in my life and I believe they all know that, I'm merely speaking on human being terms...

Anyways, my brothers and I didn't always agree on stuff growing up. We had our share of verbal and sometimes physical spats but we have such awesome relationships now that I'm glad, though it was tough sometimes, they are my brothers and I want nothing but the best for the both of them. They have both found truly amazing women to be their other halves, I'm so happy for them, I mean somebody's got to keep those two in line! ;-) I'm excited for the future they have to look forward to and I'm glad I have a part in it even if it is just for the simple fact that I am their sister, no matter how hard they try to deny it! ;-D

I also have two sisters on James side that I love very much. I haven't spent a whole lot of time with either of them but the time I have spent has been awesome! I enjoy their company and getting to know them better and both of them are hilarious! I know I can always expect to be laughing when around either of them, they are like the sisters I always wanted and now have! It's great, I couldn't ask for better! Come to think of it, as soon as my bros get married I'll have FOUR sisters, all of which are cool chics!

As far as parents are concerned, mine are the best! At least they are the best for me. Of course as most parent/child relationships go we too have had our share of spats over the years but now that I've grown up some I can see that most of the time they were right. ;-) They've always been there to help me out when I needed it, offered advice when I wanted it and sometimes when I didn't, and have always prayed for me even when I never asked for them to. I don't know where I'd be now if they hadn't loved and prayed me through the hard times (and the easy times too), all I can say is I'm sure it wouldn't be as happy a place as it is. They are two of the most important people in my life and I am proud to call them Mama & Daddy. Yes I am 23 years old and still call my father daddy but I wouldn't have it any other way!

My second set of parents are wonderful people. You always hear those nightmare stories of the in-laws but mine don't even come close to being anything like that. They are kind of like the Cleavers and I don't mean that in a bad way. They are incredibly nice and have always treated me as one of the family and just like my own parents, I know I could count on them for anything should the need arise. Like the need to have a sip of good scotch! ;-) Roy always seems to have some scotch in the house. I enjoy their company as well, they are always fun to be around, God has certainly blessed me with good in-laws!

And on that note, our visit with Seth, Amber and the kids was great, way to short but great. Now they have some wheels and can stop paying for cabs to go places. While we were there Amber got me hooked on this thing called a tart burner. They're these things that you put scented wax on the top part and either burn a tea light candle underneath it or it's electrical and heats up when you turn it on. You can get all kinds of yummy scents for them and they last forever or so it seems, anyways it's a neat little contraption. I'm glad we got to spend some time with them before we have to leave the country. Likewise we'll get to spend some time with both sets of parents before we leave. We'll be heading to Atlanta probably on the 1st of Feb. after James graduates to visit my folks. Then we'll shoot down to Warner Robins on the 5th to visit with James folks and then head back to hotlanta on the 8th so we can fly out on the 9th. By the 10th of Feb. (also my mama's birthday) we'll be in Germany, hopefully looking for a house to live in! Wow, it's coming up so fast, I can't believe it! Aight, well, loves to all and to some, we'll see you soon!! YAY!!!

7 comments:

Amber said...

WWWWAAAAAAHHHHH! We love you guys so much and want for you all that the world has to offer you. We will definitely miss you while you are gone. Be safe in your travels, burn a sentimental tart for me, one like "Home Sweet Home" when you get to Germany. I know in your heart that the States will always be "Home" for you both. Make do with where you are, snuggle down tight with each other and be thankful that you have those memories that make you so homesick. *sniff, sniff*....What?? I'm not crying.... *sniff* :*(

Leah said...

I love you, Amber! I'm really going to miss you but you'll never be far from our thoughts and prayers! I'll esp. think of you while burning my tarts! hehehe that sounds kinda funny...

Anonymous said...

Hey! It is very cool that you both have believing in-laws!! God has been good to you both! Looking forward to your being here more than you will ever know! I love ya! XOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

oooh Leah, you are evil. Making me cry like this. As if I am not hormonal enough these days *sigh* We love you guys beyond words and wish you the safest, bestest, most fun assignment in germany. I still can't believe you guys are going to be LIVING there for a while. It's amazing! Keep your chin up and remember that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, so when your out sightseeing and you cant understand what they tell you and you get on the wrong train and end up in Switzerland instead of ireland, just laugh it off and have fun wherever your travels take you! ;-) hehehee, We will keep you in our prayers and hope to hear from you often, thank Gid for e-mail and computers! it will make the keeping in touch that much more do-able! hang on to eachother, and roll with it as best you can, sometimes things may be a little annoying and unpredictable, as you try to get settled, but just take a deep breath and remind yourself, your in GERMANY! :-D I am green with envy and will be praying for a financial miracle in hopes that I can sneak over there for a visit *fingers crossed*. Anyhow. We love you and will be thinking of you- So wish we could have seen you just one more time before you have to go. *WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH* Love you!! xoxoxox

Heather said...

So, Jared gets a week of paid vacation after 6 months at this job and two weeks after one year - so I am going to see to it that we save all our money to come visit you!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I should be able to get off work this week to come down to Atlanta. Hey, its pretty sweet that I'm marrying my friend's older brother! :)

Anonymous said...

Leah, you know that you're a friggin' milk baby, right? That's why Seth and I were so tough on you. I mean, I can understand why mom and dad wouldn't reveal such a disastrous truth, but the sentimentality of it all is so thick that it sucked the shoes right off my feet!

Okay, so, that's probably not true; except for the feet part.. and even then it's only maybe true...

Leah said...

Jared, you suck, but I love you anyways! Heather, I can't wait to see you guys in Germany and of course later this week! I too think it's friggin' sweet that my friend is marrying my bro! I love you guys! Kris, I'm sorry that we weren't able to make it out to see you and the boys, it makes me sad. :-( I'll also be praying for a financial miracle for you guys so maybe you can come visit! Sorry about being evil and making people cry, I wasn't trying to...or was I...hmmm I love you guys!!