Search This Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Ah Neighbors

Don't you just love having neighbors? Well normally I would too. However when they blast their stupid music at 6am most mornings even though your sweet husband has asked them nicely not to, I don't like them so much. This morning our lovely neighbor downstairs and across the hall decided he'd play his music loud again. Now you see, I don't sleep well anyways and most noise unless it's constant soothing noise keeps me awake or in this case wakes me up and keeps me from falling back asleep. James is able to sleep fine through most noise too which is something I'm very envious of so of course the music this morning didn't bother him, except that he knew it bothered me. So he called the front desk here and explained to them that he'd asked our neighbor nicely on at least 2 separate occasions to turn his music down and now here he was playing it loudly again. From what I understand the front desk said they'd take care of it.

I didn't know any of that had happened (the calling of the front desk and such) until just a few minutes ago when James came back from class. James also told me that our lovely neighbor confronted him and all but threatened him. Saying stuff like your wife should just deal with it, and what does she do all day and how dare you call the front desk on me for making noise. My friends and I can here you guys prancing around upstairs but we don't say anything to you but the next time we hear you we're gonna come talk to you about it. That's all BS 'cause the guy's room is downstairs and across the hall from our room at most he can hear us walking up and down the stairs which is nothing 'cause you can hear everyone that goes up and down the stairs! This guy is just a jerk that is mad 'cause last Friday night he was blasting his music from about 8 or 9pm until James informed him (around 1am) that we were trying to sleep and could he please turn his music down. He apparently said something to James along the lines of, it's a freaking (probably not the word he used) Friday night, it's the weekend you guys just need to deal with it. How nice huh, don't we have a great neighbor? :-P

I swear if he comes to "talk" to me about the "noise" I'm making and James isn't here and he starts threatening me, I'll call the cops on his high and mighty butt!! I'll warn him first of course but if he keeps it up, screw him, I'll let the police handle it! He thought that just 'cause he's bigger than James he could bully him around and James was like OH HELL NO! This guy is a jerk and so many other words that I want to write but won't 'cause I'm sure you get the idea! Anyways, if you think about it pray that this guy leaves us alone for the rest of our time here, we only have like 3 weeks left and we'd rather not be dealing with this kinda crap, because up till now it wasn't so bad.

In other news, James and I will be heading up to see Seth, Amber, Taylor and Aiden this weekend and to drop off my car for them. We are looking forward to spending some time (I wish it were more) with them before we head off to Germany! Which by the way our plane leaves on Feb 9th!! YAY!!! I know we will enjoy our time with them while we are there, I love my family! Peace out y'all!

7 comments:

Amber said...

We are soooo psyched that ya'll are coming. Yeah neighbors can be such a pain. Luckily we just got rid of ours on the right side! I need you to call me as soon as you get this to talk about a dinner menu while yall are here. You and James are always on my prayer list. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Before we moved into the house we are in, Joyce and had been looking at apartments. One HUGE factor we had to consider... our neighbors. I personally think Oliver's jungle songs are more soothing and melodious than most crap on the radio today. I think he sounds kinda like a loud cricket. Although he is quite intelligent, he's not real good with telling time yet. Had we moved into an apartment, our neighbors may not have come to the same conclusion nor appreciation of his unique musical style as I. Needless to say a house was the best choice for all.

I am sorry to hear that for some reason humans whos nature is perfectly described in the scriptures, thinking only of themselves with little to no regard of those around them, have ended up as your neighbors. Perhaps you should cut them a bit more slack because maybe they, like Oliver, can't tell time either!

Anonymous said...

You should ask Jared about the exciting things that go on in the apartment above him - I've been traumatized. :) hehe.

Leah said...

I'll have to remember to ask Jared about his neighbors, though hearing that you've been traumatized, Heather, I'm not sure that I want to know... ;-)
And, Dad, I think you and mom probably made the best decision for you guys and Oliver. But as far as cutting this guy some slack, we have but he's now no longer worth us cutting him slack we've been nothing but nice to this guy and he just doesn't care so we are done with trying to "work" with him. Now he's playing his music just to spite us and the front desk manager has told us that the next time he bothers us with his thumping music she'll take the situation before the company command. That basically means this guy is looking at getting into a lot of trouble for us asking him nicely to turn his music down and him being a jerk, telling us to suck it up and not wanting to and of course not doing it. Besides he made me so angry Friday night that I cried but I think that was more of a combination of not having gotten any sleep for the 3 days prior and not being able to sleep that night because of him. *sigh* Oh well, we'll be outa there soon, it would just be nice not to have to deal with him anymore...

Anonymous said...

Hey I could send you some high quality recordings of Oliver at his BEST. I can make sure there is enough random events such as screeching, whistling, talking, etc., that your neighbor will never know you haven't aquired an exotic bird.

Once you have "Oliver's Ten Best Hits" all you gotta do is crank up the volume and...

TWIST THE KNOB OFF!

The beauty is in the fact that when he turns you in for having an unauthorized pet nobody will be able to find the slightest evidence of a bird, not even a turd.

just a thot ;^)

Leah said...

Hey, that's a pretty good idea! The only problem is by the time I get the recordings we'll probably be on our way to GA for our visit with you and mom and James' parents. I appreciate the thought though, that would be pretty funny! :-D I love you daddy!

Anonymous said...

ahh neighbors is right *grump* I hope you can soon leave this joker behind. it is appaling how inconsiderate some people can be, but then again, when the devil is your master..... well, you know how it can be ;-)
I hope you have gotten some sleep and if not, when you are lying awake at night twitching in frustration, think of me crosseyed in bed nursing my little Samuel back to sleep, praying desperately that he'll stop grunting and just fart already so I can go back to sleep! :-D doesn't that paint a lovely mental image?! haha, oh my, my soft underbelly is showing. How much we miss you guys and look forward to the next time we can see you....I hope all is well! You are loved and missed!

Hugs-