Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Christmas & New Years

Man, I'm such a slacker! It takes me over a week to finally give a report of our Christmas & New Years fun. Oh well. Right so as I said before we went to James parents house to spend time with them and Seana (James other older sister, she's a Captain in the Army and a cool chic! I really enjoyed my time with her.). We left Maryland at 1:00am on the 20th and at around 2:55am or so got run off the road by a semi truck, literally run off the road! Had there not been a shoulder for us to pull into we would probably be dead or close to it, I'm glad my hubby is a good driver! The rest of the drive was fine, but long and we got in to Warner Robins, GA at 2 or 3pm, I can't remember which. Seana didn't get in until the next day, then on Thursday, James, Seana, Bronwyn (my second mom), my Dad and bro Jared, and myself all went to the new Georgia aquarium. A very cool place, supposedly the biggest aquarium in the world! Anyways, my Dad and Jared met us there and we had a grand ole time. They have two whale sharks and there is a part you can go through where it's like you are inside the tank with them only you're not. I'm not really sure how else to explain that, but it was cool getting to see these massive animals swim above us! These things are HUGE and not even full grown! Really cool, I very much recommend going if you are ever in the Atlanta area for any length of time. I should warn you, at least right now 'cause it's so new, go early in the morning 'cause the wait line gets really really long if you wait till later in the day to go, plus if you wait you may never get in!

So on Friday the 23rd we headed for Columbia, SC to spend Christmas with Grandpa Jardin and Roy's (my second dad) brothers family. It was really great to get to see them again and to spend Christmas with everyone. It was cool to watch Grandpa, Roy, Seana and James all play music together. Grandpa plays the ukelele or ukulele ( not sure which is correct) as does Roy (among other instruments) and James and Seana both play guitar and they all sing. We sung Christmas carols and praise songs, it was a good time and Grandpa was impressed at how well Seana and James played and sounded together, which they do sound good together! I wish our visit with everyone could have been longer but we had to drive back here on the 26th.

As for New Years Eve, we didn't do anything but vegg in front of the TV most of the day playing video games and watching movies like Just Married (a must see for those of you that enjoy a good laugh). Then we of course watched the ball drop in New York on TV and had sparkling grape juice (we don't really care for champagne) and a kiss to bring in the new year! Over all I would say 2005 has been a CRAZY year for us. James went from being in the Air Force to not being sure what was going to happen to being in the Army. We lived in Montgomery, AL for a couple of months, went back to Columbus, MS, had our first anniversary, then headed here to Aberdeen, MD and after here we are off to Germany for a few years! And 2006 is looking just as crazy but at least we know the Army will keep him and we will soon have a place to call our own and in Europe no less, how cool is that! So as my family says, if you ever get a wild hair up your butt while we are in Germany, please come and visit, we'd love to have you! I esp. would if James gets deployed while we are there!! :-) Oh and here's kind of a neat little thing. Remember that 2 star General I met a while back...well he's invited James class (and I'm sure the other classes as well) to his house for a new year celebration this coming Sunday! It proves to be interesting and if nothing else I can always brag to people about meeting the Ordinance Corp General and say that I got to go to his house and such! It should be fun though. Aight, well Happy New Year to you all and I hope this year is a good one for you! And Happy Anniversary to Mary & Jason and soon to Adria & Ryan! I love you guys!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Hey Lee-Lu,

I am so glad that yall made it to and from safely. You have to remember those truckers are really crazy drivers. We are so looking forward to seeing you and James later this month. You will not believe how much Aiden has grown. He is a fat little man now. Taylor still smothers him. Let me know when you get the package that Seth sent, it is yours and James' Christmas gifts from us. We love you, hug yourself and that hubby of yours for all of us here in MA.

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you had a good christmas!