Search This Blog

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Today

Well, today is the day we're leaving for Germany!! In fact my parents will be driving us to the airport here in just a couple of hours! It still hasn't hit me yet and I'm thinking it probably won't hit me until we get off the plane in Germany and even then I'm not sure...craziness!

Anyways, James and I got to Marietta Feb 1st and spent a few days with my parents. They threw us a going away party and invited some friends and soon to be family (Jared's soon to be in-laws) and had yummy snack foods and such. I had a really good time and James seemed to enjoy himself as well. I was glad to see everyone that came to send us off, good times! And thank you to everyone that did come, it was really awesome to have you all there.

Then on Feb 5th, Sunday morning we went down to Warner Robins to spend time with James folks. We had a really nice time with them, got to watch the Super Bowl with them and some of their church friends that we'd met before, it was fun! James actually won $8! WOO HOO! We also went to the movies one of the night we were there and saw Glory Road. It's a good underdog type story, similar to Remember the Titans and movies along those lines. We also got to see the new Zorro movie, it was very entertaining, probably more so than the first so if you liked the first one you'd probably like this one as well. The little boy in it is awesome and he's so cute! Good stuff.

Well the next time you guys here from me we'll be in Germany! We'll be flying into Frankfurt and from there, I just don't know. Our sponsor is supposed to pick us up from the airport and take us to where we're going to stay so who knows. :-P We should be getting there around 8am and we'll be six hours ahead of the Eastern time zone. Love you all and if you think about it please be praying for us over the next few weeks or so and I'll keep you as updated as I can until we get officially settled into a home, YAY!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We, I, will miss you terribly!! And you haven't even left the ground yet!! Remember that we love you both so very much and will pray constanly for your safety & well being while you are away from us. Ah, the adventures that are in store for you!!! Some will be awsome & some will be heartbreaking, but think of all that spiritual growing that will be going on in your lives!! Remember that God is just a breath away and He loves you more than we will ever know. Everything will come to you through His love & His filtering hands as He holds you in His heart. My comfort is that I know that He DOES hold you in His heart...FOR us!! All our love goes out to you & we can't wait to hear your voices again!! I love you! With tons of love & much much prayer!! Mama XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO!

Amber said...

Oh boy, I cant wait to read your first blog after getting into Germany. I will have to squeeze praying for you into my oh so busy schedule...Please, are you for real!? You are always in my prayers, even when you arent across the globe! We love you, pray for your biggest brother, he will be leaving for California on Monday the 13th. And then having surgery on the 17th. Have lots of fun and send us lots of pictures!
Love you again,
Amber

Heather said...

WOOOOOHOOOOOO! GERMANY!!

Heather said...

I'm anxiously checking for news about how you like Germany! I hope you have a GREAT weekend!

Leah said...

Hello everyone!! We're here!! I'm working on a post right now but it will take me a little while to get everyone caught up on what's been going on. Here's the short version...

We're here, we've just signed a contract on a home, we'll be able to move in 1 March and until then we're still "in processing" with the Army. Next week, along with moving into our new home we'll be attending a week long class that will help us learn more about living in Germany, so that should be interesting. Aparently at the end of the week they take you to the downtown area of where we are and show you around and make you order your lunch in German and such, so yeah....So a far it's been a crazy ride. I love the scenery here! Just drving down some of the roads here you can see a couple different castles, one is up on a big hill and it gets lit up at night and the other I've only seen once during the day and it's on a smaller hill. Cool stuff!! I'm excited about all the places we'll hopefully get to see, castles and such just here in Germany not to mention pretty much whatever country we want to visit while we are here!! I think I'll be more excited once we get settled in to our home and have a car, right now we are carless also.
Anyways, that's all I have time for at the moment, your prayers are much appreciated and please continue to pray for us 'cause we are having some issues with money we've had to front (about $1000) for temporary living place and we don't know if we'll get paid back, and if we don't it's basically our sponsors fault.... :-( Alright, I love you guys and will write more when I can!!!