Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

from hotel to hotel

yay! we are being moved out of this hotel into another one, one that's on post. ha! well, at least from what I understand it will have a stove top (don't know about the oven part) and we may have to share the kitchen which is fine. also they do have high speed internet only we gotta cough up the money for it and of course we will which is also fine again seeing as how the army is paying for pretty much everything else! i just hope they have more laundry stuff than they do here. this quality inn that we are currently at is not a huge hotel but it's a decent size and for the whole building they have 1 washer and 1 dryer, so that's been pretty interesting. the move should be interesting as well. we have to be outa here by noon on friday and wait until the army inn decides to let us into our new room, plus James will be in class most of that day. hopefully there won't be any problems and we'll be able to hop from one room to the next smoothly.
there is some kind of shindig going down tonight with James class. i think he said it was a recognition thing where he and those in his class are officially welcomed to the Ordinance branch of the army. apparently i'm allowed to go which means pictures!! although i don't have a way of posting them as of yet but when we get to Germany that shouldn't be a problem, well as long as our stuff makes it over the ocean successfully that is.
on a side note, i need some suggestions for guys names that aren't very common...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is quite an interesting life you've got going right now. We have lived in some pretty basic apartments, but I'm glad we never did the hotel thing! It sounds like you're living a bit of the spoiled at home wifey life too. :-) I am finally there myself...not really by choice. But I do enjoy my recliner and my kitty cat. :-P

I hope you'll enjoy Germany and the culture shock won't be too bad. I guess when you're in the military you get to be around a lot of Americans, so that will help. Traveling is the BEST! And budget traveling is a blast, so I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. :-)

Leah said...

yes, interesting is about right. =) i'm definitely living the spoiled at home wifey life! it's actually been quite nice knowing that i don't have to work if i don't want to. the hotel thing is not that bad but it's certainly not a living experience i would recommend for anyone and hopefully will not have to experience anything like it again.

living in Germany will be so different from everything i've known it's both scary and exciting! i hear the support for the spouses and families for the military is really good when you live overseas, so that's comforting. i'm looking forward to being able to write about all the places we see while we are there, it'll be fun!

Anonymous said...

I can't quite relate to the spoiled at home wifey part. Thanks to Joyce I can however relate to the spoiled part. I can also relate to the hotel part. I agree with Mary. Traveling is pretty awsome. In my case I would have preferred that the 7+ months of travel in the last year would have included places other CLOVIS! Nonetheless God blessed me tremendously while there. He brought three believers into my life which gave me the opportunity to develop friendships that have grown deeply and will last forever.

I can understand the mixed feelings you have about going to Germany. After all you aren't going there for a visit. You're going there to live. Pretty huge difference. I think you and James will adjust/adapt quickly to the cultural differences and do just fine. You should have lots of fun as Germany is a great launching point to see ALL of Europe.

Anonymous said...

Here's some links when you can check out some uncommon names for guys.

www.mcsweeneys.net/links/lists/18AndrewCohen.html

www.alternativebabynames.com

www.bnbg.net/alternative-names.html

Anonymous said...

here is my contribution to the unusual boys names list: Laramie and Miles. A little goofy. I liked those names when I was a kid.

Anonymous said...

You could always use Raven Wolfblood or Flapjack. I've even been known to combine them in ways that probably aren't natural: Raven Flapjack, Flapjack Wolfblood, Raven "Flapjack" Wolfblood... you can use your imagination, however I do expect to be credited if any variation thereof should manifest itself.