Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Boston!

Well James and I got back from Waltham (just outside of Boston) Monday evening. We had a great visit with my brothers, mom and soon to be sister Amber, Taylor (Amber's first child, a very entertaining 3 year old little girl) and baby Aiden! After much coaxing I actually held him which was very scary 'cause I've never held a newborn baby before, he's so little and cute! It was cool to watch my brother Seth interact with his baby boy, I never thought I'd see the day but it was sweet and made me teary eyed at times. I just wish my dad had been there, that would have been perfect.

Anyways on Sunday my mom, Jared, James and I actually went in to Boston and took a self tour of it, I think it was something called the Freedom Trail...It was pretty neat. One of the first things we saw was an old graveyard that held the bodies of people such as Ben Franklin, John Hancock, Samuel Adams (mmmm beeeer) and Paul Revere. The graves were a treat in and of themselves because of the headstones. Some had skulls and cross bones like what you'd see on a pirate flag, some had skulls with wings on either side of it, some had angel heads with wings on either side, some had what looked like some sort of tree that was bent on them, and some just had writing but it was like nothing I've ever seen at a graveyard! We also saw Paul Revere's House, it's like 300 years old or something, pretty interesting, very creaky. We saw some cool old churches, statues and monuments where obviously a lot of early American history took place. I couldn't tell you in detail about it because I'm not a big history buff so I hope nobody was expecting that! :-P Besides, Jared will probably post something more interesting later anyways...

But like I said, all and all it was a great visit, it was good to spend time with my family. We'll be heading up that way again for Thanksgiving next week so that should be fun also. The drive is not as fun except for the sites. The route we took, took us through New York City which is really neat to see from a distance, the skyline is absolutely beautiful! I can't imagine what it must have looked like before September 11th, even so it was still amazing! And driving across the George Washington Bridge was pretty cool too! For any Law and Order fans that's the bridge towards the end of the opening sequence. We found New Jersey not so attractive (no offense to anyone that lives there or has lived there), there are lots of powerlines and factories really kind of blah. Philadelphia has some cool bridges too, exciting stuff! Random...Dad if you read this anytime soon or I guess anyone that's good with computers, one of the drives on my PC is making it crash or shut off randomly and it also kind of growls at me....help!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a blast having all of ya'll t'gether in one spot! I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I did! I love having all my babies around and NOW a grandbaby...yikes ya'll are gettin' OLD!! I missed Dad, too. K well I gotta kiss my baby boy g'nite!!

Anonymous said...

Hey fools~ So glad you had such a fun time meeting the new baby and seeing Boston! Leah, there is something about holding newborns, isn't there? They are so tiny and delicate and they smell sooooo good! Come hold mine in December! ;-)
Also glad you guys enjoyed Boston! I LOVED seeing it when I had the chance and am eager to visit it again! There is so much history in Boston, as well as many many good bars/resturaunts! Did you guys visit Harvard? That's also an impressive site! It's wicked awesome ;-D hehehe. Anyhow, glad you had safe travels and a good time too! You are missed and we love you~

kris and the BOYS!