Search This Blog

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Exciting News!!

My brother Jared finally officially asked his girlfriend Heather to marry him!! :D I'm so incredibly happy for them, I know they both have been waiting a long time for this. I'm going to have a new sister, YAY!! Heather is such a sweet lady and has been really good for Jared, they truly are a good match for one another. I'm excited for the life they will soon have to share with each other. Marriage, aside from becoming a Christian, has been the best thing to ever happen to me and I highly recommend it to anyone who is willing to work at a relationship.

Also I lied unintentionally about the shindig with James class, it didn't happened yesterday it happened this evening. however on my behalf I was going with information that i was told so yeah. Apparently yesterday was the practice run. Anyways the event was pretty short and sweet and they (there were three classes total) all got their little Ordinance pins for their uniforms. James sung the National Anthem too which he did very well, made me teary eyed and impressed a few people that I was standing with. The coolest part though was getting to meet a two star general, shaking his hand and talking with him or rather listening to him. It was cool, though sadly I walked right out of our hotel room without my camera, so no pictures. :-(

More yay news, we are all packed and ready to move out of this hotel room tomorrow morning at 6am! Its gonna hurt getting up at 5am but I figure if my husband and many other military people can do it so can I, at least for one day. :-P And we will have an oven!!! I get to cook real food now! From what I understand it's a two room place, we'll have a bedroom with a bathroom of course as well as an office type room and a kitchen that i still don't know whether on not we'll be sharing but it doesn't matter because it has an oven!! Oh and thanks to all those for the name suggestions, keep 'em coming! I'm trying to find one to fit the male character for the story that popped into my head the other day. I would just use Vincent but he's already in another story that I'm working on so I don't really want to use it again, though I am very passionate about that name. why? beats me! :-P

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about Vander? You can also use any of my WoW names: Eurymas, Jethala, Thibeldorf, Jebu, Zebgo... I think that's it.

I'll try and come up with a few original ones for ya.

Anonymous said...

So what's the character's ethnic background? The reason I ask, is there are not many Chinese, Indian, Mexican, African or, for that matter, European males with a name like Theodor. Theo or T for short. If by any chance the character is Asian, I favor a character name like Liu Pang or Shang Yang or Zheng or Huan. I know, NOT necessarily real appealing by USA metrics. But then you and I don't live in China so who knows how common those names migh be.

Also, not knowing anything about the story line or character's role at this time, (not that I require it), gives me the latitude to suggest ANY name and perhaps even influence the whole storyline.

At ANY rate, I'm sure it will be interesting. Write and publish.

U GO GIRL!

Leah said...

hehehe thanks Daddy and J! Those are all good names.

well i guess i could give you the basic story line, it's a short story about a blind man and a servant that works in his fathers house. it's supposed to be kind of romantic but since i'm not that creative we'll see how it turns out. as far as ethnic backgrounds, i'm thinking maybe European, possibly Scottish or Irish....

Anonymous said...

Leah! You have a link to Anthropologie on your blog - yay! I think they have the best clothes ever. Though affording them is another matter.

Leah said...

oh i love the clothes there! if i could afford it all of my clothes would come from them, i love the style. i wish they were cheaper or i was rich, i guess a girl can dream...