Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Random

Okay, so I was wondering if anyone knows a good, fast, creative, and preferably legal way to make between $700-$1000 dollars without having to get a full or part time job...got any ideas? See, I'm wanting to start a business but I'm not about to ask James for that kind of money to do it and I'd prefer to not have to go through the hassle of finding a job then doing interviews and then only working for a month, two at most then quitting. I dunno maybe this is an unrealistic thought but was curious if you guys had any ideas.

In other news, James has been super busy these days with work and probably won't get much of a break until mid-late October. There is a new LT that just arrived here about a week ago and James is her sponsor so he's been driving her around to all her in-processing stuff and getting her settled here. I've helped here and there where I could and she's just about done with all her stuff but she's still got about two more weeks of briefings she's got to sit through before we can completely release her out of our hands. She seems nice enough, which is good. I've enjoyed the little bit of time I've had with her so I can't complain too much except for the fact that she gets to spend more time with my husband than I do, oh well, that's the military for you! James says I'm handling it all pretty well which is encouraging, but I have to wonder sometimes if I really am, ya know?

Anyhow, he's got that going on then the first two weeks of Sept. we'll have a house guest, one of the other LTs, 'cause there's some stuff going on in his life right now that will require him to have a place to sleep. That's really all I can and should say about it.

Then sometime near the end of Sept. and on into Oct. James has some field training stuff going where he'll be gone for like 3-4 weeks with a few days in between where I'll get to see him, so life is definitely busy in the Jardin house. I look forward to when things will settle down again. But for now we just gotta hang in there. That's pretty much all for the moment, oh, except for this "coffee" thing I'll be going to tonight. The commanders wife (James' bosses wife) has invited a whole bunch of women from the battalion to some restaurant as a kind of get to know you thing for everyone. I think there's supposed to be games or prizes or something like that going on so it's supposed to be fun. Normally I wouldn't go to something like this simply because I have a hard enough time "hanging out" with one or two women let alone forty! So I dunno, maybe I'll have a good time or maybe I'll leave early, who knows, but one thing is for sure, this is definitely WAY out of my comfort zone!

Alright that's it, laters!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that is definitely way out of my comfort zone too. Maybe it's a challenge: here's forty women, there is one in this group who might be your friend - find her! :)

Maybe you could do some temp work? I don't know, that's the only thing I can think of that would let you work if you want to, and the interview process isn't as daunting. I have done that many times over the years.

As for the kitty, Jason was allergic to kitties too. But I was recovering from surgery, and he just surprised me with this adorable kitten. The first couple weeks he was "stuffy," and we kept her out of our bedroom, but now it doesn't affect him at all. She sleeps on our bed. ;) Maybe James could do a trial run with a kitty? If there are shelters there that would allow you to do that. Hehe.

Amber said...

Hey Leah...

I was thinking...Maybe you could create an ebay account and sell some of your junk that you dont want or need anymore on there. Seth and I have done that quite a few times and it really does have the potential to bring in some extra money...
Stuff like books, cd's, dvd's, even clothes. I don't know what else to tell you. You may want to look into a small personal loan, one that you can pay back little by little, and if this business you speak of gets off the ground quickly, you would have no problem making the payments. BTW...what is this business you speak of? On a differnt note, I tend to agree with Mary, you and I know that we are alot alike. That would definitely be out of my comfort zone...however you mat end up making a friend that is looking for someone like you , you know. But, don't find yourself avoiding people who are trying to talk to you and get to know you. I find myself doing that as well. They don't feel sorry for you, they want to be your friend. This will be a great experience for you. I feel safe in making that a gaurantee.
I love you and miss you loads.
Amber

Anonymous said...

Leah- hmm, 700-1000$? I think the ebay idea is good, but it can be a hassle and you may need to sell alot of stuff to hit that mark. I agree with maybe getting a small loan... what kind of business are you looking at? Very curious ;-) i am glad you are going out with some ladies. While I consider myself pretty outgoing, 40 women would intimidate me as well, but perhaps you will meet one inparticular whom you can relate to. I am praying so! Let us know how it goes ;-) I am thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers!
Much love!

Anonymous said...

OK, YOU could really make a brazillion and FAST if you sold yourself...but I wouldn't advise that!! Heh, heh. I think you should get over your fear (be bold) ask James and just borrow the money from yourselves, then just pay it back. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you do have the money and it does belong to the both of you, yes? Now that would be fast, easy and interest free! Try it! So what exactly are you looking into doing, hum? :) K, that was my 2 cents worth. Did you have a good time with the gals tonight? I hope so. I always think of Aunt Rhonda and how much she helped all of her gals while Uncle Mike played in the clouds. You know, you and the Lord can do wonders in the lives of others if you will take Him up on His opportunities. He knows that you have so much to offer the world...Himself...and how will He further His kingdom if we-and I do mean 'we'-won't 'play'? You will be doing this a lot in a few years if Two Spoons becomes a pastor :) ok well, I love you tons!! Mama

Heather said...

Are you going to start a business over there? That would be something to keep you busy while James is away so much, and if you like it to boot...well great! I'm going to join the clamor and ask what are you thinking of doing? I'm sooooo curious! I'm pretty scared of loans so I wouldn't recommend that, I dunno, maybe does anyone around you need odd jobs done like house cleaning or...babysitting (hehe)? I have no idea what life on post (or near post) is like. Can you get some sort of temp job as a military wife, without having to go through work visas and all that junk?

I'm sorry James has to be so busy right now. I can sympathize a tiny bit. It looks like I'm going to be gone on business for the whole month of October, and neither of us are looking forward to it even though I'll be an hour from DC. (well, maybe a teeny bit looking forward to it but I wish that J could come).