Search This Blog

Monday, July 10, 2006

Travel and Things

So I've been doing some thinking lately and I've come to the conclusion that if James continues to be serious about the whole Youth Minister thing that I really want to be a part of it and help lead it with him. Though I know I wouldn't be paid for my part, which is fine, I think it would be a great ministry opportunity for the both of us. I used to help out with the youth, mainly the middle school kids, at my parents church in Marietta. I loved it and it made me feel like I was actually using the gifts that God has given me to serve Him and I really miss it. I really hope this is the direction God is leading us because I think it would be such a blessing to us to be able to serve God and the church in this way.

On that note, part of what I've been thinking about doing is going through seminary or whatever it is that James will have to go through with him so that I can be up to par and be able to lead were I'm able. Also I've thought about going to school for music, though I might decide to just take lessons from someone, so that I can be better at playing the piano and singing and therefore be more able to help James lead worship for the kids and all that fun stuff. I get more excited the more I think about it and since we have a few years before we can actually make this decision we'll have time to prepare ourselves a little better for the job, which is great!

It's nice to finally feel like I have some sort of direction or goal in life because ever since I was about 18 or so I had no idea what I wanted to do aside from getting married and having kids one day. I got the married part down surprisingly, I still can't believe I found someone who wanted to put up with me and my many problems! Kids can wait a few more years but I do want some eventually. God willing we won't have any until we are "trying" to have them. Speaking of kids I have to give a shout out of congrats to some friends from Valdosta, Justin (the guy that played and sang Nothing but the Blood of Jesus at our wedding) and his wife Kristen are pregnant with twins! They got married June of '05, I believe she's do in January, we are so excited for them! Anyways, bunny trail...There have been so many things that I've wanted to do that I couldn't decide what I wanted to go to school for, here's my list: Music (composition & vocal & maybe performance), video game design, writing/ journalism (mainly for being able to write books and such), floral design, fashion design, culinary arts, computer programming, web design, etc. I know there's more but I can't think of them at the moment. Out of all of those none of them were higher on my list than another, at least until now. But even so I still want to be able to do all of those things, I think they'd all be really fun so you could see my problem. However now that I have more of a certain goal in mind I have a better idea of what I'd like to study so that's very exciting for me! Yay me! ;-)

In other news, James and I are on the other side of Germany right now, closer to the Czech Republic side as opposed to the France side. Speaking of France, props to Italy for winning the World Cup! James has some sort of Army schooling he's got to do here for two weeks. Since we are close to Prague we are probably going to make a trip out there sometime while we are here, which should be fun! I love being so close to all these different places! If we get nothing else out of this Army experience aside from living in Europe and getting to see this part of the world, that's fine by me! I'm starting to think that's the only reason God allowed us (James) to join the Army, so we could see more of his beautiful creation and of course have this time of preparation, how cool is that!

So that's all for now except for HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO JAMES AND ME!!!!!!! Two years already, wow! I'm looking forward to growing old and getting all wrinkly with him!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! traveling again, you lucky dawgs! I hope you enjoy your travels. And a Blessed and Happy Anniversary to you both! Still thrilled to have you as my sister and look forward to seeing you whenever I may have the chance. I so enjoy reading your blogs, it makes keeping in touch a bit easier, since there is such a distance between us all. Happy galavanting around and give your hubby (and you!) some big wet kisses from the boys. Love you!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANIVERSARY!

luv ya and miss u BIG!

Anonymous said...

I posted something similar in James' blog so it should come as no surprise to hear me say, I think it is very clearly The Hand of God in your lives. Do not waiver from the path God reveals to you, as the devil attacks you both in any area of weakness he can find. And he already knows your weakness. I say this not to discourage you but rather to encourage you to, as the hymn states; "Set your eyes upon Jesus."

I think it's a beautiful thing and it is no coincidence that you desire to align your life with James. "...and the two shall become one..." In service to, and for His glory alone. It is not designed to work any other way.

I pray that God clearly reveal His direction for you both and that He becomes the light to guide you on His path.

On a personal note, I would love it if you got back into music.


i miss u!

Heather said...

happy anniversary...and say hi to prague for me if you go!! miss you lots. :(

Heather

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I was the same way for much of my twenties...I just didn't know which direction was the right one. I prayed and prayed, and later I realized that God was just waiting to show it to me. In a way, it was really a blessing that he waited, because he allowed me to enjoy much of my twenties without the burdens that I have now. But anyway, just keep following, and don't be surprised if you go down a few sidetracks before you end up where you know you should be. I don't know why that happens sometimes, but it does! It sounds like you've got some wonderful ideas brewing in your pretty head. :-) HUGS!