Search This Blog

Monday, June 26, 2006

And now some Magic!

So we have a magical horse that lives in our neighborhood...and magical sheep that live just outside our town...no...I'm not kidding. Let me tell you a story.

One day James and I were leaving our house to run some errands, what those errands were I forget at the moment, but that's not important. Anyways, upon leaving our neighborhood we saw this scraggly looking horse in a small field behind some houses that are connected to our neighborhood. It was a brown horse and really did look kinda sickly. So we noticed it and went on our merry way. When we finished our errands we pulled back into our neighborhood and for fun I looked to see if the horse was still there. Now before I go on, this horse just showed up one day presumably out of nowhere. We'd been living in our home for a couple of months before we saw it. Okay so I looked for the horse and it's gone! Nowhere in sight and I looked, there were trees, there was a ditch, there was a barn and the horse was nowhere! Gone, disappeared into thin air, quite the feat for a horse! Why does that make him magical you ask? Well simply 'cause we never saw him again until a few days ago. Yeah, in the same field almost in the same spot, yet he looked a lot healthier which was good. When we saw him (I say him, it could be a she but for now it's a him) we were leaving our neighborhood to run more errands. And again upon returning home he was gone or so I thought, turns out he was just hiding in the shade of some near by trees, unlike last time. But he is magical because we left again later that day and he was gone! Then a couple of days after that it happened again, we saw him as we left, came home and he was gone, just like that! Definitely magical. :-)

Alright so the sheep. This sighting happened sometime between the first and second sighting of the magical horse. Again James and I were out and about running errands (we do that a lot on weekends) and we were on our way home. To get to our home we went through a neighboring town, Bann. It's about a mile or so away from Queidersbach (our town). And along this mile that you drive between the towns are a lot of green hills, it kinda looks like farm land but not really. Anyways, we've driven this road many time before and I never saw anything but grass and some flowers that's it. Well that day I saw what I believe to be magical sheep. There were a dozen or so minding their own business eating grass (I think that's what makes them magical!) and I haven't seen them since, it's been a couple of months too...ever since I started that medication.....nah I'm just kidding. But I do think they are magical, just like the horse. And that's all for today, figured this might be more fun to read than my last post!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aye. too many lucky charms for ye.....

hehehehe! Love the magical animals of Germany. It is fun reading your stories. I hope your birthday was fun. Twould've been nice if we could have celebrated with you, but then, I'm still pretty jealous of you living in Germany and all ;-) Take care of eachother guys. and Leah, if you ever want to talk or whatever, just give me a call! You know I'm around.

Love you guys so much. Kris and the BOYS

Anonymous said...

aye. too many lucky charms for ye.....

hehehehe! Love the magical animals of Germany. It is fun reading your stories. I hope your birthday was fun. Twould've been nice if we could have celebrated with you, but then, I'm still pretty jealous of you living in Germany and all ;-) Take care of eachother guys. and Leah, if you ever want to talk or whatever, just give me a call! You know I'm around.

Love you guys so much. Kris and the BOYS

Anonymous said...

grrrr. dont know why that posted 2x. stinkin computers.

Leah said...

I dunno it may have something to do with this site, who knows!

Anyways thank you for the birthday wishes and the e-card it was great talking with you the other day. It's always nice to hear the voices of my family and thank you for the offer of being able to just talk with you, I may take you up on that! I miss getting to see you and the rest of the family and just getting to hang out. As nice as it is living here I hate being so far away from everyone! One day... Well I love you guys, give hugs and kisses to the boys for me!