Search This Blog

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Update

James has made it safely to Iraq, yay! Well, I mean, not yay that he's there but yay that he made it safely! Okay, so there's not a whole lot to update on but he's at his final destination unless the army decides to be retarded and move him, which is actually possible 'cause they are retarded a lot of the time. His latest report is that there are actually some green plants around where he's at! He says there is a big palm tree right outside his hooch (his own little space/room/thing) so that will be "nice" for him, at least it's not all brown. He also told me that he's already started to collect goodies for the both of us which is neat, so far all I know that he's got is some British Army souvenirs! Fun times, well not really but gotta make the most of it I suppose. BTW, James says hello to all!

Anyways, I'm sorry if I worried any of you with my last post, I tend to be a bit dramatic but it helps me to cope so don't be surprised if you see more posts like it! :) Just one way I deal with things, I'm really okay. I'm not gonna do anything crazy or stupid, I mean, I want to be around to see James again so no worries, please! All of what was in that post is still true, I really don't know how to deal with this situation but I'm managing and staying busy. And I also still don't understand why God is allowing this separation but again I'm managing and staying busy. Like everyone else I have good days and bad days, I had them when James was here and I'll continue to have them the rest of my life. Sometimes when they come around I pray, cry and then get over it, other days I pray, cry, write (sometimes stuff like that post) and then get over it, just how I deal with things. So please don't worry, I will be fine, God is gracious and good to me and I know He'll bring James and me through this time. Until then I will keep livin' life as best as I can and pray that the time goes by quickly! :) Thanks for your continued prayers and thoughts, they are always appreciated. Love you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was never worried. Your honesty is refreshing.

I used to really get hung up on asking why. These days I tend to see cause and effect, without personalizing everything. Why did I get cancer? Well, it is a risk of being alive. Cells go bad all the time. Why was a baby born sick? Well, it is a risk of conceiving a child. It happens all the time. Why was James deployed? Isn't it the risk of a military career? I'm not saying that to be insensitive. This has been one of the best ways for me to learn to deal with the bad stuff.

Difficulties in my life are often the natural result of my choices. This is not to say that I knew they would happen, but we know that there is a risk every time we exercise our freedom to live and to choose. Sometimes things go the way we hope, and sometimes they don't. We keep on living and hoping for the next best thing to happen. And we often find that the paths we would never choose for ourselves provide great life experience. At least, that's one way to look at it. Sometimes all we can see is the grey, and that is okay too.

Colors return.
Hubbies do too.

In the mean time, I am thinking of you! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

This is how I see things…mostly. Our Father is in the business of building faith. He doesn’t cut corners-thank goodness for that!! No junk cathedrals in His Family-no Sir! Look at what Jesus did-ALL in faith. If we want to be like Him-and I know we do-then we will suffer, be tested & suffer again. But look at what the Father is building in each one of His Children-Faith that can move mountains, love that endures no matter what and…oh the joy of knowing that one day we will see Him face to face-as a finished Vessel. (That is prolly my most favorite Biblical phrase “Face to Face”). All of that love comes at the price of suffering. How we deal with the suffering& what we become as a result of His working in our lives (even though we may have sorrow for a season & not understand His blue prints), is a joy to our Lord. His rarest Jewels are those that He refines & He will not be content until He makes us what He has determined us to be!

Anonymous said...

Leah- thanks for sharing the pictures! You are continually in my prayers, as is James. I hope you have a blast with your Mom. Keep the faith and call anytime!! Love you!