Search This Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Proud Moment

Okay, I'll readily admit that I'm not a suzyhomemaker, though some days I like to think of myself as one, I am definitely not one.  That being said I have to say I'm quiet proud of myself.  I tried making crock pot yogurt the other day and totally failed and am still not sure what I did wrong but it was like water...gross.  Determined to make my own yogurt I tried again the next day and kind of succeeded but it was still a little runny for my liking (I really LOVE the texture and creaminess of Greek yogurt).  So I thought I'd take a little bit of my runny regular yogurt and try my hand at making some Greek yogurt today and...I totally made Greek yogurt!!!!!!!!  It was a complete success!!!  AND it actually tastes good!!!  It's still not quite up to par with my favorite brand of Greek yogurt but it is close and I'll take what I can get so I don't have to spend the $$ on the kind I like for now.  I'm so proud of myself, maybe I shouldn't be but I so am! :)  Also I made some yummy red chili for the first time tonight, another win, yay!

No comments: