Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Twilight

So I'm not a twilight fanatic but I do enjoy the books and movies for what they are - a love story written for teenagers. My husband took me to see the newest one in theater and we recently watched it again on DVD and I have to say, I really enjoy the music and musical score in this film and in the other films. I dunno if it's just the association with the films/stories or what but I can't get this music out of my head lately.  I liken it to video game music...yes I know that sounds weird but I'll try to explain...I love playing RPGs (role playing video games) like the Final Fantasy series.  I play them because it's almost like reading a book that you get to be involved in or play through with it's own musical score.  You get to help the main characters succeed or fail (depending on the storyline) in their quest and of course there is usually some sort of love story intertwined in them.  When the story is entertaining, even if poorly written (because we all know I"m such a great authority on writing), it leaves a mark on me that is only exaggerated by the music that accompanies it.  It inspires a sense of, I dunno, excitement, I guess, for the story and characters in such a way that I want to be them or create my own story.  The music plays a monumental role in this because when I hear it it brings back all the feelings the characters went through and in a way makes me feel them too which in turn inspires me to want to recreate that for others in a story of my own.  I guess I like listening to it because it makes me feel good and takes me out of reality for a time, which is nice.  Anyways, I know that's weird but it is what it is and I'm enjoying the music for now.

No comments: