Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2007

Decisions

Okay, I know some of you have been praying along with me during the whole school deal with me and I just wanted to first thank you all for your prayers and all the support and encouragement you've offered up for me; second I guess you all should know that I've decided not to do school this term (i know, who's surprised) for the simply fact that James and I (and the army too) have no idea about their deployment status and until we know something concrete I'd rather be able to spend as much time with him as possible. I still don't know if this was the right choice but it's been made and I don't really know what else to do.

Um, in other news, as some of you know I went home about a month ago on a surprise visit and surprised most everyone in my family. It was great and I had a really good time with everyone. Got to see and hang out with some old friends and got caught up with them a little bit but as with most trips home these days it was WAY to short and I wasn't looking forward to coming back to Germany (well I was looking forward to seeing James again of course but that goes without saying). While I was there, in fact it was the day before I left to come back here, I finally got the tattoo I've been wanting since I was about 17 or so and I LOVE it!!! In fact I like it so much that I really want to get another one! :D (btw, my tattoo says, my beloved my friend, I really need to get James to take a better picture of it now that it's all healed and such)




Also the Monday right after I got back (1 October) James got promoted to Captain which was pretty sweet. Then that following Saturday James' folks came into town for a little less than a week. We jam packed it full of adventures, not including the ones they unfortunately had with the airlines BOTH ways, while they were here. We were like four energizer bunnies, we kept going and going and...well you get the point. Anyways, we took them to the Alps and went on a tour while we were there to the castle that Disney's Cinderella Castle was inspired by so that was an interesting tour. It only had I think 14 rooms complete and one of the rooms was made, intentionally, to look like the inside of a cave...dude was on crack! Weird! On our way home from the Alps we drive pretty much through the heart of Munich and there is a concentration camp there called Dachau that Roy (my dad-in-law) really wanted to see. So we made a stop by and boy was that an experience, I don't believe I've ever been so disgusted in my life. I literally felt sick to my stomach reading all the stuff that went on there and actually seeing were it took place, absolutely disgusted! I mean it's one thing to know about the concentration camps and see films and read the history on it but it's another thing ENTIRELY when you are present where things went down, wow. I think the most eerie thing about that whole visit was they had this huge bell, almost like a church bell, right in the center of the camp and as we were walking towards the exit it started to ring. Now when you see a huge bell like that you'd think it'd sound much like an old church bell, nice and kinda cheery if not welcoming. Well this bell was much different, it had a very low sound to it, like it was mourning or weeping, very strange and quite unnerving. I've never heard a bell ring that low before and nor do I want to again.
But aside from that our trips with the 'rents were really good and we were sad to see them go.

Aside from that, nothing else new to report, just dealing with the craziness that is the army and taking it one day at a time!

Again, thanks for all your prayers, I/we need them still and as always you all are in ours. Love you and miss you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU :)

Anonymous said...

That was me-fat fingered the keys & sent the message b4 I was ready!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leah - it sounds like you had a tough decision about school. I applied for grad school last year, went through the whole major process and then ended up not going. So when application time rolled around again, the timing was better and things fell into place. I'm glad I waited - for a lot of reasons, so try not to second-guess yourself.

I will say this though...if it stays on your heart, maybe you should find a way to do it next year. The years go faster than you'd think, and a few years from now you could have a degree if you start it sooner rather than later. :-) School is a challenge, but it really is a fun stretch. Until then, enjoy your time without homework and tests!

I didn't know you had a laparoscopy...girl that is some rough stuff! Did you have the air bubbles travel up under your ribs? Serious pain! I told my mom after that was over and looking back at my other surgeries I feel like I've had enough pain to have two children by now, but I have nothing to show for it. And she said, "No honey, I've had two babies, and you've had MORE pain than that!" LOL What is it with you and me both? I think we're a little defective. :-P

Dee said...

The whole process of school is rather difficult, especially with things like deployment added.

Your tat is great, I really love it.

And that castle, isn't it amazing?

I randomly found your blog and began reading, so I just had to drop a line. It's rude to intrude sometimes yes? :)