Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Musings

I simply come. Drawn into Your presence by the power of Your name, I simply come. You call me Your friend and reveal Yourself to me. How could I ever resist You? You have given me all I've ever dreamed of and so much more. You bring things into my life at just the right time when I am in need. I'll never fully understand why You care so much but I am thankful that You do. I can't help but dream of the day we'll be together for eternity. I live my life in expectation of that day, but until then I will continually lift up my imperfect praise to You and patiently wait for the time when we will worship together. Keep me in Your perfect peace until then and never remove Your hand from me for without it I will always fall. You are my stronghold, it is You I run to for comfort and no one else.




I tried to let go, You tightened Your grip. I pushed You away but You came back. I turned away from You to separate me from truth. Only You never left my side, You assured me of You love, with You arms still open wide, You came down from above. In this place of quiet rest I listen for Your voice to whisper words of love You know I need to hear. Your devotion is like no other I've known. Cast out the doubt in me, Oh God, make me a child of belief. Let me trace Your footsteps in the sand, as we dance remove this grief.


These were a couple of things I wrote a few years ago and came across the other day and thought I'd share them 'cause I like them. Enjoy my musings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Leah!

I have been meaning to send you an e-mail for quite some time now and it just did not happen...Work has been crazy busy because I am learning a new job...I will be taking over purchasing in our company and boy do I have so much to learn! It's quite different than accounts receivable but I think I will enjoy it more as I really don't have any accounting experience.

It was so wonderful to see you at Heather's wedding! I so miss whe you and I used to hang out at LaStrada's - remember those days and our good talks? Now you are so far away in Germany! I wished we could have seen James too - perhas another time - you never know right? I'm sorry I have not stayed in better touch with you...I'm hoping I can do better at that in the future.

You have become such a sweet, beautiful and mature young woman - though Russ and I never doubted you would be.

I hope to e-mail you soon...I use my work e-mail all the time now and so that is why I haven't been able to e-mail because of the craziness at work. I'm hoping to talk to you more soon!

Take care - your Friend,
Amy J. Vliet

Leah said...

Yay, Amy!!! I miss you so much! Any time I think about you I always remember LaStrada's and all our fun conersations and times we've shared there! I miss that a lot, more than you could imagine!

Don't worry about the keeping up thing, I'm terrible at it too, hence the blog; makes it easier for me to let everyone know what's new in my life.

It was great also to see you and Russ at Heather and Jared's wedding! I'm so excited for the both of you and your journey you've started together! I know it's been a long time coming! ;) I love you guys!